HBO Account Coordinator
Account Coordinators are responsible for processing the flow of project information from the business partners throughout the design and production team and adhering to the standard workflow policies and procedures ensuring the timely completion of projects. They are expected to maintain constant interaction with internal business, design, production, copy, editing, and external partners. Coordinators should maintain a working knowledge of each group’s business roles and objectives and use this knowledge when troubleshooting projects. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining accurate records through the use of our project management software @Task by keeping real time status on all projects for the team and updating schedules.
- Take ownership of the project workflow by guiding the development of projects from start to finish with successful deliverables.
- Demonstrate accountability across all levels and adhering to project timelines while maintaining partner support, team communication and service.
- Collaborate among all team members
- Advise management about project concerns before they escalate into issues.
- Document issues and problem-solving recommendations as part of “best-practices”.
- Understand partner’s business strategies and objectives beyond specific creative briefs to develop strong partner relations.
- Act as key contact and liaison between partners, design and production team (i.e. administrative point person for changes, and feedback).
- Coordinate project approval process prior to completion, i.e., copy edits, legal, and production.
- Develop and maintain job schedules while keeping team members apprised of project status.
- Schedule and lead meetings (when required) to present creative solutions, receive feedback with team members and/or collectively review the project progress with the creative, production and operations teams.
- Create meeting agendas and distribute conference reports to attendees and key contacts.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task by handling several large-scale campaigns with multiple components while meeting deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Understand the production capacity of the team and its members, which will affect the workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree, 2-4 years Project Management / Account Coordination in an agency or similar environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management, presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Entertainment industry experiences a plus but not necessary
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top