HBO Account Assistant
This Account Assistant position is part of HBO’s Domestic Network Distribution (DND) department. DND works with HBO’s distribution partners to market and deliver the best entertainment viewing experiences to our customers, while maintaining responsibility for HBO and Cinemax subscriber and revenue growth.
Serve as an integral member of the Cox and Charter team by providing administrative support for one Account Director, one Account Manager and one Account Executive. Additional account responsibilities include budget management consisting of maintaining accurate and up-to-date commitment and spending information, reconciling the General Ledger, and timely processing of payments. Assistant also responds to routine requests from affiliates on an ongoing basis.
- Support the Director, Account Manager and Account Executive with daily administrative duties including expense reports, travel arrangements and phone support
- Assist in internal and offsite meeting coordination and event planning
- Track budget expenses for two accounts, process invoices for payment, communicate monthly financial commitments to team administrator and work to resolve discrepancies
- Work in partnership with Marketing to support the execution of HBO/MAX campaigns and projects for the Cox and Charter accounts
- Update contacts database and affiliate contact lists as necessary
- Handle B2B site access requests from new and existing affiliates
- Process internal premium solicitations and fulfill affiliate premium requests as needed
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages to affiliates
- Update and maintain vacation tracking
- Understand HBO’s business objectives and those of our affiliates by maintaining a familiarity and understanding of the industry by reading corporate and industry news as needed
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- Relevant business/marketing experience and interest in growing within the department
- Excellent organization, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate great attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with various computer applications, including Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point
- Basic accounting/budgeting knowledge preferred
- Self-starter with strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines without supervision
- Team player, with the ability to work well across functional teams
- High degree of enthusiasm and energy essential
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top