HBO Account Assistant
Serve as an integral member of the AT&T Account Team in HBO's Domestic Network Distribution Department. Responsibilities include support for 1 Account Director, 2 Account Managers, 2 Account Executives, and 6 Sales Development Executives (SDEs). Duties include tracking of marketing expenses and department budget, processing expense reports, ordering and shipping of call center items, and responding to routine requests from affiliate clients. Candidate must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as primary support for the AT&T Account Team, being able to adapt to a wide variety of business priorities and personalities.
- Assume ownership of a marketing budget.
- Enter and track all financial commitments and reconcile expenses.
- Process invoices for payment ensuring proper documentation requirements are met.
- Assist with resolving any billing discrepancies.
- Process detailed monthly, quarterly, and year-end close accounting reports and financial statements
- Process expense reports for team members, assist Director with travel and calendar, and track attendance and vacation requests.
- Coordinate agenda updates for Team's weekly status meeting.
- Assist in planning call center agent incentives, placing and tracking prize orders, and maintaining records for tax reporting.
- Participate in overall planning of client-facing and internal events, as well as make restaurant/catering arrangements, hotel room blocks, manage invitations and RSVPs.
- Book meeting rooms, order office supplies, and organize premiums closet inventory.
- Coordinate logistics/materials for routine affiliate visits and serve as a primary liaison between account team members and their affiliates when account team members are traveling.
- Process internal premium solicitations and fulfill affiliate premium requests as needed
- Maintaining required records and backups in compliance with the HBO Records Retention policy.
- Partner with colleagues on ad-hoc projects, keeping manager/colleagues informed and share best practices.
- Understand HBO business objectives and those of our affiliates by maintaining a familiarity and understanding of the industry by regularly reading corporate and industry news from published sources like blogs, trades, etc.
- 2+ years work experience, some Accounting and/or Accounts Payable experience preferred
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent thinker with ability to manage assignments and meet deadlines without hands-on supervision
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Familiarity with Concur, Photoshop and asset management systems
- Demonstrate great attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player is a MUST!
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top