HBO Account Assistant
Serve as integral member of HBO Domestic Distribution by providing administrative support for account team comprised of Director, Manager, Account Executive and Sales Development Executives. The Account Assistant will work across all areas of the business via administrative support, budget management, point of sale and marketing support. This person will be the hub of the team, able to develop and exhibit a working knowledge of all aspects of HBO and Distributor businesses, in order to anticipate needs and take on new projects.
- Administrative duties include preparing monthly expense reports, coordinating meetings and travel, maintaining distributor contact database, tracking team attendance, managing consolidated calendar for team.
- Manage account budget by maintaining accurate and up-to-date spending information, reconciling the General Ledger and processing invoices. Utilize HBO proprietary budgeting tool. Lead weekly meetings with account team to review budget detail.
- Support Point of Sale initiatives by ordering and shipping materials for site visits as needed. Be the central contact for all site scheduling details. Fulfill incentive awards and prizing.
- Maintain and update centralized store of call center visitation schedules, client contacts and call center details.
- Assist with monthly digital distribution of HBO images for marketing use. Assist with approval of marketing materials through proper channels (i.e. legal, marketing, etc.).
- Share responsibility for creating, distributing, and moderating weekly team meeting agenda.
- Proactively collaborate with DND assistants and AMA to share information and resources.
- Manage all assigned projects in an efficient manner and be prepared to speak on all related details through a verbal and/or written recap.
- Act as the Distributor go-to person for POS/MKTG administrative needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with distributor contacts.
- Ability to work well with individuals, team members and other departments with respect, professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrated communication skills; written and oral
- Ability to prioritize and balance requests of team members in multiple locations and time zones
- Self-starter; accountable and empowered
- Skilled at working autonomously and in a dynamic team environment
- Creative, innovative thinker
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent collaboration and creative problem solving abilities
- Strategic and analytical capability
- Basic accounting/budgeting experience/skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2+ years business experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top