HBO 2017 Summer Intern: Worldwide Digital Distribution (MBA)
HBO is looking for a talented MBA student to spend the summer with us in New York as a part of HBO’s prestigious MBA Internship Program.
This MBA intern would be a part of the Worldwide Digital Distribution and Partner Marketing team and integral in assisting the team with ongoing account strategy and management of HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO and Cinemax to digital distributors and partners.
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in New York City.
- Participate in the development and execution of HBO’s overall digital distribution strategy including account management and promotional opportunities.
- Assist in marketing efforts with external partners including distribution of marketing materials and obtaining proper legal approvals.
- Conduct competitive research and analysis to provide strategic recommendations and point of view analysis for future digital distribution and partner marketing opportunities.
- Conduct strategic assessment of new digital media trends and an evolving landscape via daily newsletter.
- Help create and participate in delivering materials such as presentations and one-sheets overviews.
- Must be an MBA student who has completed at least one quarter or semester of classes with interest in entertainment, digital media, business development, marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Passion for both branded entertainment and digital media.
- Penchant and familiarity for HBO programming and platforms (HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO on Demand) strongly preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, presentation and communication skills.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- At least two years of work experience in office/corporate environment.
- Familiarity with mobile, tablets, and gaming devices.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top