HBO 2017 Summer Intern: MTIS- Client Services
Media Servicing Operations (MSO) is responsible for managing the acquisition, creation, QC and delivery of digital programming assets for non-linear platforms including EST, International SVOD, DVD/BluRay.
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in New York City.
Must be a rising junior or senior in college.
- Maintain accurate and current information about HBO products for distribution to various platforms including EST (Domestic and International), International SVOD.
- Liaise with internal teams (i.e. Home Entertainment, Enterprises), and 3rd party vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials for file-based distribution.
- Update vendor dashboards to reflect delivery and production of materials.
- Enter screening reports into proprietary applications (i.e. PRIME, TEAM).
- Coordinate client delivery and tracking of materials including foreign audio and subtitles.
- Order the creation of files (includes J2K, ProRes, H.264, Wav) to be delivered to Foreign Affiliates and 3rd party vendors.
- Vet International schedules (launched and pre-launch) to determine format availability.
- Update TEAM application as new materials are created and QC’d.
- Review TEAM application data entry accuracy and mark screening sheets active.
- Accuracy, extreme attention to detail and strong organization skills are critical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
The ability to prioritize and multi-task.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top