HBO 2017 Summer Intern: International Marketing
This position supports the day-to-day functions of International Marketing acting as a liaison between the domestic consumer marketing teams and HBO’s international partners. The International Marketing team is responsible for HBO’s international brand growth and equity by ensuring that marketing strategies, best practices and key initiatives are shared globally.
- Assist in communicating domestic brand, product and program marketing strategies and initiatives to HBO’s international partners.
- Support in the execution of the International Marketing Game of Thrones promotion across multiple international markets.
- Assist with delivery of assets and communicating timelines to external agencies for the International Marketing Game of Thrones promotion.
- Traffic production designs, content and marketing materials to Legal/Business Affairs to secure approvals.
- Assist with distribution of marketing materials and timelines from internal departments to HBO’s international partners.
- Marketing experience at a media company or advertising/promotion agency is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Key Note skills.
- Knowledge of the media landscape and new technology.
- A passion for the entertainment industry and international business.
About Us It’s HBO
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top