HBO 2017 Summer Intern: Digital Products – Technical Program Mgmt (WA)
HBO’s Digital Products team encompasses HBO’s web properties (HBO.com, Cinemax.com), HBO GO and Max GO, web, mobile, television and game console apps. Our software development teams are improving existing streaming technology, while creating the next generation of HBO and Max apps and services. As a key part of our team, Program Managers (PM) are responsible for working across the technology and business teams to ensure that the right projects make it to market on time.
Are you the one always picked to talk on behalf of your project team? Are you the one in your classes who makes lists for others. Do enjoy helping project teams settle differences of ideas while working through the details of the solution? Do you find the process of getting things done as exciting as your computer science class? Do you enjoy iterating on ideas and solutions as enjoyable as creating them?
HBO Digital Products is looking for Technical Program Manager interns who are passionate about working with a cross-functional team to plan and build the right product in the most productive way possible. As a TPM, you will learn how to drive the rational and thoughtful conversations required in order to deliver a product that delights customers while maintaining a healthy team. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, and quality assurance team members.
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in Seattle.
- Possesses organizational skills needed to scope 0-3 month projects with regular supervision.
- Able to facilitate the generation of a single working team estimate for a <3 month project.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks before they cause major problems, seeks help appropriately to resolve.
- Capable of documenting an existing process or feature clearly with direction.
- Capable of executing on well-defined processes to produce desired results with supervision.
- Uses standard issue tracking and communication tools, like: YoutTrack, Jira, Trello, etc.
- Knows when to take action and when to escalate.
- Capable of communicating project or feature sprint status, progress and risk sufficient to keep a project team up to date.
- Capable of defining and holding an existing team accountable to agreed sprint deliverables (scrum)
- Capable of facilitating the needs of a small team from sprint-to-sprint, while keeping the team aligned on goals with regular supervision.
- Understands and can communicate development process and help a small team function under company accepted practices with minimal supervision.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top