HBO 2017 Summer Intern: Consumer Marketing - Program Marketing
This position assists in the development and execution of consumer advertising and promotion plans to drive awareness and tune-in for HBO Original Programming including Series, Mini-Series, Films, Comedy and Documentaries.
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in New York City.
Must be a rising junior or senior in college.
- Assist the planning and execution of consumer advertising and promotion campaigns at all stages of the HBO Original Programming lifecycle from tune-in through the home entertainment release (when applicable).
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Keynote and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of the digital media space (including social media) and new technology platforms (e.g. mobile, broadband, wireless, VOD).
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- A passion for entertainment and popular culture.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top