HBO 2017 Summer Intern: Consumer Marketing- Product Development
- Create marketing collateral and sales deck templates for new and existing shows
- Identify and secure marketplace trends and business opportunities for competitive analyses- develop trend boards/collections
- Develop detailed lists for lead contact generation for future potential licensees and brand collaborators
- Attend client management meetings and participate in discussions revolving around the strategic and creative direction of artist collaborations
- Research new product categories for Silicon Valley and VINYL such as tech or office/desk accessories/socks
- Watch existing shows and see what is trending on social media for new quotes and product inspiration
- Identify social media platform and bloggers/tastemakers for pop culture trends
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in New York City.
Must be a rising junior or senior in college.
- Work closely with both directors to learn hands on about Licensing & Retail
- Attending creative and sales meetings
- Collaborating on pitches
- Assisting on marketing materials.
- Previous internship experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- Social media savvy
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top