HBO 2017 Summer Intern: Consumer Marketing - Multicultural Marketing
The Multicultural Marketing Team is responsible for all targeted marketing initiatives reaching HBO’s multicultural audiences — African American, Hispanic, Asian and LGBT. The intern will provide campaign management support and work with the team’s marketing managers on various aspects of campaign planning and execution.
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in New York City.
Must be a rising junior or senior in college.
- Coordinate campaign assets with Design & Production for integration into Multicultural Marketing portfolio
- Coordinate delivery of Campaign assets and entry forms for submission to industry competitions
- Provide administrative support on key Campaigns as necessary
- Assist with monitoring industry trends and competitor activity
- Develop recommendation for innovative engagement tactics, emerging partners, and influencers
- Research premiums for upcoming shows and maintain inventory
- Liaise with Affiliate Marketing on targeted needs
- Attend Programming meetings as needed
- Strong interest in the entertainment/media industry
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a teamwork as well as independent environment
- Able to adapt to a fast paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Possess strong work ethic: reliable, dedicated, productive and self-disciplined
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Social media and tech savvy
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- Personable, energetic, good sense of humor, willing to handle any task at hand
- Knowledgeable in pop/urban culture and familiar with HBO programming
- Strong interest in Multicultural Marketing
- Bilingual preferred but not required
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top