HBO 2017 Summer Intern: Consumer Marketing - Digital & Social Media
The content/editorial and the production teams within Digital & Social Media seeking an intern to support editorialized marketing efforts around HBO programming and the HBO brand. The ideal candidate is passionate about the digital and social space, as well as entertainment, and interested in learning how content can support functions that promote television programming and a brand through social, digital, mobile and email marketing.
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in New York City.
Must be a rising junior or senior in college.
- This role reports to an Editor and Producer to support the entire editorial and production teams on a range of tasks including reading scripts and writing coverage of them, research, selecting clips & GIFs, writing and producing blog posts, completing interviews, and contributing ideas to brainstorms, to name some of the duties.
- Duties also include compiling and presenting the latest digital trends and assisting in the preparation of HBO.com, HBO GO, HBO NOW and numerous blogs.
- This candidate must feel comfortable putting forth new ideas, writing in a variety of styles, and learning new technologies and platforms, all while being proactive and a self starter.
- We are a fast-paced, entrepreneur-spirited team who is looking for something who is ready to be creative, solutions orientated, organized and have a positive attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as a range of social media platforms from Facebook and Twitter to Snapchat and Instagram.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- A voracious reader and content consumer with a creative background, possibly in writing or concepting/ideation.
- Studying communications, English, journalism, marketing or advertising preferred.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top