HBO 2017 Summer Intern: College Distribution and Marketing
HBO’s College Distribution & Marketing team is responsible for maximizing the growth of the HBO and Cinemax business in the college market and driving awareness of our brands and services among students. Our summer intern will support a number of distribution and marketing initiatives targeting this audience and provide assistance with sales analysis.
Must be able to work 35 hours/week in New York City.
Must be a rising junior or senior in college.
- Working closely with College Team on ROI and subscriber performance analyses
- Researching and compiling college demographic data and presenting to management
- Assisting and organizing trade show preparation
- Supporting the integration and launch of HBO GO on college campuses
- Working closely with the team on communications surrounding HBO’s Back-to-School campaign and student-facing marketing tactics
- Helping to develop training activities for Campus Ambassador training bootcamp
- Ideating turnkey activities/promotions that can be incorporated into HBO’s overall college marketing program
- Liasing with other internal departments to drive cross-promotional marketing and distribution opportunities in the college space (e.g. partner marketing, point-of-sale, account management, CSR, consumer marketing)
- Marketing, communication, or business major preferred
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- The ideal candidate is digitally/tech savvy and engaged in social media, actively involved on their own college campus, interested in sales & marketing (particularly to this demographic) and has good analytical skills.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top