HBO 2017 Spring Intern: Finance - A/R & Contract Accounting
Seeking a candidate interested in a career in Accounting or Finance in the Entertainment industry. Position supports the Finance department responsible for the accounting, forecasting and reporting for the HBO Enterprises division.
Must be able to work 15 hours/week in New York City.
Must be a current junior or senior in college.
- Assist in the daily invoicing of our international customers. Prepare account statements, account reconciliations and other supporting documentation as required to assist customers in providing timely payment.
- Assist collection efforts by emailing customers on status of payments. Provide supporting documentation to support cash application.
- Act as back-up, as needed, with respect to the monthly reporting requirements (e.g., A/R reports, Unapplied cash) and cash flow hedge contracts.
- Obtain, maintain and update tax tracking sheets for assigned accounts for US Residency forms and Withholding Tax receipt documentation.
- Assist with the material cost billing and reconciliation process.
- Area of interest Finance or Accounting
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills including working knowledge of MS Excel
- Must possess good communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- Possess good analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top