HBO 2017 LA Summer Intern - Post-Production
HBO’s West Coast Post-Production department oversees all the original material shown on HBO in both the series, and films/miniseries divisions. Our interns experience the day to day activities of a cable network post-production department and gain a great perspective of that market, and the industry in general, and the jobs it offers.
- Assist post-production exec assistants in every-day tasks such as answering phones, taking messages, rolling calls with executives, and maintaining their calendar
- Ordering supplies
- Making copies and setting up rooms for meetings
- Script coverage, analysis and breakdown
- Placing dub orders, and packaging them for shipment
- Maintain and create spreadsheets
- Data entry
- Filing/Organizing current project documents and archiving old ones
- Academics in TV/Film Production or Critical Studies, with an interest in pursuing a career in post-production
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and work independently
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Candidates that can handle themselves professionally in an office environment, with good phone etiquette, a solid work ethic, and an eagerness to learn
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior entertainment internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Application deadline is February 1, 2017
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top