HBO 2017 LA Summer Intern - Media Relations
The Media Relations department provides publicity through all media outlets (print, radio, TV, and online) for all HBO & Cinemax shows. The department is in charge of handling all media requests, and to give pertinent and appropriate information to the media regarding current and future releases. The team field calls from various members of the media (i.e. verify rumors of a show/film in development, if HBO has picked up an additional season of a show, etc). Media Relations is also responsible for various events throughout the year – premieres Television Critics Association, Comic Con or a press junket.
- Maintain DVD library, as well as assembling press digests for internal use
- Assist with the coordination of HBO premieres, including mailing invitations, check-in and seating at the event
- Support the Awards department with submissions
- Help with administrative aspects of Comic Con
- Attend the TCA (Television Critics Association) session and assist as needed
- Work on a database project updating press contacts that cover HBO shows
- Provide administrative support to the department as needed
- Demonstrated interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Excellent collaboration and creative problem solving abilities
- Self-starter; accountable and empowered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), social media applications and mobile/streaming devices
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
Application deadline is February 1, 2017
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top