HBO 2017 LA Summer Intern - Human Resources
HBO is seeking a talented and ambitious student to provide administrative assistance to our HR team for a 10 week assignment during the summer. Intern duties will include screening candidates, scheduling interviews, as well as, assist in coordinating the summer internship program.
- Schedule a high volume of candidates for interviews with Talent Acquisition Manager & HR team
- Learn how to screen resumes for various open positions and track candidates
- Assist HR Associate with coordination of summer internship program
- Help plan and organize HR related events, which includes coordination with speakers, departments and various organizations
- Assist with special HR projects and administrative duties as needed
- Intern should be interested in Human Resources or Recruiting with prior internship experience
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and research skills required
- Familiarity with LinkedIn is a plus
- Business or Psychology student preferred
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior entertainment internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you. Application deadline February 1, 2017.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top