HBO 2017 Fall Intern: Technology - Media Servicing
Media Servicing Operations (MSO)team is responsible for managing the acquisition, creation, QC and delivery of digital programming assets for non-linear platforms including EST, International SVOD, DVD/BluRay.
- Oversee HBO's inventory of Original Programming for foreign language, ancillary market versions, video standards and technical specs to service foreign territories.
- Deliver content to international territories on behalf of the Enterprises group.
- Collaborate with HBO Home Entertainment in the production of digital content elements for DVD & Blu-ray and work with subtitling, menu, and compression/authoring vendors to resolve technical problems that arise during the process.
- Maintain accurate and current information about HBO products for distribution to various platforms including EST (Domestic and International), International SVOD.
- Enter pertinent information related to air titles into various applications/databases reflecting activities from acquisition to final distribution.
- Liaise with internal teams and 3rd party vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials for file-based distribution.
- Update vendor dashboards to reflect delivery
Accuracy, extreme attention to detail and strong organization skills are critical. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The ability to prioritize and successfully multi-task is essential.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top