Coordinator, Digital Content (Freelance)
- New York, NY
The Coordinator, Digital Content (Freelance) on the HBO Program Marketing team works on a range of digital content projects connected to show campaigns.
The work includes assisting in content development across platforms, including but not limited to video, written editorial, podcasts, emerging technology, native advertising, transmedia and creative across social media.
The coordinator will support projects of varying scope, providing valuable assistance on a wide array of programming.
Additionally, they will serve as a resource for the larger Marketing team, acting as a source of knowledge on the assigned shows and assisting the team in research, brainstorming, contributing to presentations, pitching video concepts, reading scripts and writing episodic coverage.
The role reports directly to a Director of Digital Content, but will work extensively across the internal team and with external stakeholders.
- Works as part of the HBO Program Marketing team by doing the following:
- Serve as creative support in content development across a range of show campaigns
- Maintain a strong awareness of digital trends and be able to present and share them
- Work closely across the internal team to bring in new approaches to content marketing
- Offer support in research, brainstorming, pitching, and more
- Read scripts and provide coverage or creative points of view
- Contribute questions for interviews
- Manage the overall flow and day-to-day updates of assigned content projects
- Collaborate with other Programing Marketing teams, as well stakeholders inside and outside the company
- The ideal candidate has a strong background and varied experience in writing, content creation and development in the digital space, an enthusiasm for entertainment and pop culture as well as a deep knowledge of HBO programming, and avidly follows digital marketing trends and new
- This person is a creative thinker and a strong writer with a clear, natural style and a sense of humor.
- 1-2 years of content/editorial experience in the digital field, preferably with an eye toward both writing and digital video
- Strong communication (written, verbal) and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- A sound knowledge of the digital space, social media, emerging tech, voice, podcasts, and related technologies
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics,
- accountable, enthusiastic, able to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to balance multiple, competing directions and manage multiple projects successfully.
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Office, KeyNote; well-versed in other tools and tricks of the trade
- Voracious reader
- Bachelor-s Degree
Area of Interest
Digital/Interactive Media, Marketing/Promotions/Advertising, Television/Programming
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Film Production and Distribution, Television Program Production and Distribution
United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Back to top