HBO-s Digital Products division is responsible for the entire technology stack that enables our customers to access HBO-s programming wherever they are - on whatever device is at hand. This includes our web-based streaming applications HBOGO.com and HBONOW.com, mobile apps on iOS and Android, connected devices like AppleTV, Roku Xbox and PS4.
We are looking for an AWS-Professional Certified cloud architect to work within HBO Digital Products to serve as a subject matter expert for engineers across the department as it relates to AWS services and architecture design and configuration. A successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual who has a proven track record of architecting large, complex AWS services and takes pride in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies across stacks, values collaboration and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
- Consulting with various HBO GO, HBO NOW and HBO.com service teams in architecting highly-available, distributed infrastructure services
- Researching, developing and implementing AWS infrastructure and management standards across our AWS accounts
- Working in coordination with our partners in Information Security to implement security best practices across our entire cloud footprint
- Working with other senior engineers across SRE to drive forward infrastructure and service automation efforts
- Working with outside creative agencies to architect, build and deploy bespoke solutions to power HBO-s award-winning Marketing and Promotional sites. Examples include GameOfThrones.com, DefiantOnes.com, DiscoverWestworld.com.
- Develop and implement tooling used to manage various aspects of our sprawling cloud footprint
- Current AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certifications
- 5+ years hands on in-depth experience using cloud based development platforms such as AWS or G
- Implementation experience with identity management and federation in AWS across multiple AWS accounts
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of HTTP, REST, networking concepts and multi-region distributed applications and the services which power them
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of distributed version control systems like Git
- Clear and effective communication skills to articulate strategic recommendations to executive management, architects, and development partners, driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through
- Strong knowledge of DevOps technologies and processes related to cloud solutions. Things like Terraform, Ansible and Kubernetes
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting and driving to resolution technical integration issues across various platforms
- Desire to mentor and support team members across the organization and provide ongoing knowledge transfers relating technology evolution, troubleshooting techniques, and automation.
- Continued study of emerging technologies and industry directions
- Nice-to-haves: Experience in architecting and running consumer-facing applications in a hybrid and/or multi-cloud environment. Development and implementation of automation, tools, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to decrease friction and increase productivity. Creation of automated tooling for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes. Experience troubleshooting complex production incidents in cloud-based applications and services. Experience with performance testing and tuning.
Area of Interest
Digital/Interactive Media, Engineering, Mobile, Tablet Design / Development
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Film Production and Distribution, Television Program Production and Distribution
United States - New York - New York
Back to top