Cataloger, HBO Archives
Responsible for the cataloging of HBO content managed by HBO Archives.
- Perform original cataloging of file-based archive holdings. Process involves describing content using a concise, formatted and detailed description; researching names, dates, locations and events to ensure accuracy; adding keywords from controlled vocabularies to increase findability and cross-referencing in multiple MAM/DAM and physical inventory databases.
- Quality control of previously-cataloged content, including updating older cataloging styles, correcting details, and normalizing data in multiple MAM/DAM and physical inventory databases.
- Ingest and upload newly received assets into multiple MAM/DAM and physical inventory systems; and provide a brief overview and status update reports.
- Continue to refine the HBO Archives cataloging templates, terminology and How-To Guide.
- Provide assistance with research as needed.
- Assist circulation and licensing staff on an as-needed basis with internal and external client requests by researching and creating clipbins.
- Attend presentations to help promote the HBO Archives collection. Help with other marketing initiatives, including the launch of new collections.
- Experience cataloging in a MAM/DAM system.
- Experience indexing subject headings within time-based content.
- Experience managing file-based workflows.
- Understanding of, and interest in, metadata modeling, the management of concurrent schemas, and implementing standards.
- Degree in Library & Information Science, or a related field.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top