PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the Applications Development Lead is to monitor, analyse, design and develop HBO Go-s software applications in Asia Pacific.
- Work with vendor development teams to monitor, analyse, design, and develop Mobile, Web & Smart TV Applications that deliver on our product strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Analyse application performance issues and provide technical support to vendor teams.
- Continually improve and enforce code and design standards for the engineering department.
- Apply your technical acumen daily. You don-t code full time but you love reading code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
- Develop performance specifications for apps that are best in class and market competitive, and ensure that the development of the apps deliver on these performance specifications.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure alignment to overall business and technology strategies and architectures.
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in hands on development work in one or more of the following: Java, Swift, C++, Reactjs, NodeJs, Typescript.
- Bonus to have working knowledge of:
- Streaming technologies HLS, MPEG DASH, DRM tech, and CDN operations.
- Experience with media player technologies (e.g. ExoPlayer, AVFoundation, HTML5 video)
- Success in designing and building highly advanced applications and systems at scale, with a proven track record of building iOS/Android/Web/Smart TV applications for the media and broadcasting industry, or a related field.
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including security, networking, algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience.
Area of Interest
Digital/Interactive Media, Engineering, Programming
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Online Content/Services
Singapore - Singapore
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.