HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
PART-TIME JOB, LIFE-LONG IMPACT
Make a difference in a child's life by working as a part-time tutor.
We are seeking Science Tutors to provide structured academic support and guidance to our students throughout the school year. The primary role of the Tutor is to help ensure that students meet or exceed grade level standards and expectations within a given subject area. Tutors must be able to motivate and maintain the interest of the students while setting a positive example in all areas, including timeliness, attendance, and professionalism. Additionally, Tutors must take a sincere, active, and appropriate interest in the well-being of all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work one-on-one and in small groups with students to provide them with academic intervention
- Partner with Academic Support Team to develop and implement instructional strategies
- Regularly provide and/or exchange student information with program staff, as appropriate
- Document all tutoring sessions in the Tutor Log, detailing student interactions, achievements, and any potential concerns
- Periodically administer assessments and collaborate with staff to analyze scores
- Perform other duties assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Bachelor's or Master's degree required
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to create basic lesson plans
- Familiarity with Common Core Standards is a huge plus
- Must be available to work flexible after school hours
The pay is $25 - $30 an hour, depending on experience and education
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume . No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.