HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
We are seeking a Robotics Specialist to provide a structured and engaging introduction to the active use of technology to our students. The ideal candidate will be able to expose students to available technologies and programming through a designed curriculum and through a series of projects designed by students. The Robotics Specialist must be able to motivate and maintain the interest of students while setting a positive example. Additionally, The Robotics Specialist must take a sincere, active, and appropriate interest in the well-being and success of all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage a group of 15-20 students in a curriculum exploring technology as tools for project based learning
- Design curriculum based on the use of the makey-makey, 3D printer, Leap motion, digital camera, Lego mind storm or other in house technologies
- Design a curriculum to introduce students to coding (assembly, ASM, C++, Visual Basic, HTML)
- Coordinate technology based trips, special events, student showcases and other activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Experience in robotics and computer programming
- 1 year experience working in youth development; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Create basic lesson plans
- Ability to effectively engage students
- Patient, motivated, well organized, with exceptional communication skills
- Dedicated to providing positive outcomes for children and families residing in Harlem
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.