We are seeking an Office Manager. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission and core values of HCZ Promise Academy, an understanding and respect for the culture of all residents of Harlem, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children.
To support our staff, we provide them with bi-weekly professional development, access to top-of-the-line technology, including a personal laptop, and Smartboards and tablets in the classroom. Additionally, our staff is surrounded by colleagues and professionals-ranging from instructional coaches and education directors, to guidance counselors and social workers-all committed to ensuring the success for every child. As a staff member at Promise Academy, you will take your place in a team that seamlessly surrounds children in a safe, enriching environment, making sure the reach their full potential.
HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Promise Academy is currently seeking an Office Manager for High School. The ideal candidate will be highly efficient and very organized with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
Office Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and cleans up after meetings in the conference room.
- Supervises space planning and internal office moves and renovations
- Oversees that maintenance and repairs of office equipment is done in a proper and timely manner
- Interacts with the appropriate parties to address building services issues such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and security.
- Answers the phones and directs all correspondence through the proper channels
- Manages part-time cleaning staff
- Update employee files as needed, maintains staff timesheets and communicates with the payroll department
- Updates the database and tracks the different systems for various purposes.
- Creates new electronic and paper filing systems and maintains them
- Assists with the day-to-day financial recordkeeping as needed (i.e. petty cash payments, expense reports and reconciliations)
- Prepares memorandums and other materials describing office procedures and standards
- Maintains proper document filing systems for all clients and office management tasks
- Coordinates the purchase order process and negotiates contracts for all office supplies, furniture, equipment and administrative/ maintenance services
- Monitors contracts for office equipment and support services
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies
- Organizes necessary staff development sessions and training in office technology
- Performing telephone outreach as needed
- Performs other duties assigned
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Associates degree or successful completion of business/secretarial training; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience
- Must be well organized, detail oriented
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
- Interest in working in a school environment
- Ability to function well as part of a team and work independently
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the department
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, and a low student-teacher ratio. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.