About Healthy Harlem
Healthy Harlem empowers children and families to adopt lifelong, healthy habits. Our program aims to improve health outcomes for youth in the community by:
▪ Preventing childhood obesity and unhealthy weight gain by increasing healthy eating, nutrition knowledge, and physical activity.
▪ Providing targeted interventions for youth with overweight or obesity.
▪ Creating a culture of health and wellness in the Central Harlem community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement and manage all Healthy Harlem programs, including effective delivery of nutrition education and physical activity programming, parent programming, and behavior modification programming
• Hire and manage staff implementing Healthy Harlem programs
• Partner and coordinate with site staff to ensure accurate tracking and evaluation data and case management support of program participants
• Engage and train site staff in healthy eating/active living practices
• Attend regular training with other Health Coordinators to share best practices
• Establish and maintain collaborations with relevant community organizations, schools, and parents
• Support the Site Director with tracking and assessing healthy eating and active living programs and their progress
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Recreation, Exercise Physiology, or a related field; the ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in one of these fields and supervisory experience
• Must be knowledgeable about nutrition, physical fitness, and wellness concepts
• Familiar with the emotional, social, and mental aspects of a healthy lifestyle, including the safety and overall well-being of individuals engaged in healthy eating/active living programs
• Experience working with youth/adolescent population and teaching/creating nutrition, health, and physical activity programming.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Previous experience with and the ability to manage a team, work on a team, and work individually
• Comfortable working with outside community organizations and contracted program providers
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served
• Must be able to work flexible hours and perform fieldwork
HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
HCZ is an EOE.
About Healthy Harlem
Perks and Benefits
- Promote From Within
Vacation and Time Off
- Leave of Absence
- Personal/Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Family Leave
Office Life and Perks
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Work Opportunities
Health and Wellness
- Wellness Program
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
Financial and Retirement
- Performance Bonus