HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
About Healthy Harlem
Healthy Harlem empowers children and families to adopt lifelong, healthy habits. Our program aims to improve health outcomes for youth in the community by:
▪ Preventing childhood obesity and unhealthy weight gain by increasing healthy eating, nutrition knowledge, and physical activity.
▪ Providing targeted interventions for youth with overweight or obesity.
▪ Creating a culture of health and wellness in the Central Harlem community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement and manage all Healthy Harlem programs, including effective delivery of nutrition education and physical activity programming, parent programming, and behavior modification programming
• Hire and manage staff implementing Healthy Harlem programs
• Partner and coordinate with site staff to ensure accurate tracking and evaluation data and case management support of program participants
• Engage and train site staff in healthy eating/active living practices
• Attend regular trainings with other Health Coordinators to share best practices
• Establish and maintain collaborations with relevant community organizations, schools, and parents
• Support the Site Director with tracking and assessing of healthy eating and active living programs and their progress
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Recreation, Exercise Physiology, or a related field; ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in one of these fields and supervisory experience
• Must be knowledgeable about nutrition, physical fitness, and wellness concepts
• Familiar with the emotional, social, and mental aspects of a healthy lifestyle, including the safety and overall well-being of individuals engaged in healthy eating/active living programs
• Experience working with youth and adolescent population
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Ability to work on a team and individually
• Comfortable working with outside community organizations and contracted program providers
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served
• Must be able to work flexible hours and perform extensive field work