HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
We are seeking part-time Sports and Recreation Specialists to work at selected HCZ after-school program sites. They will work at a designated program location and will be part of a wellness team dedicated to improving nutrition and increasing physical activity for students at their respective site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and lead daily physical activity for students, grades K through 12.
- Passion with interest in sports( Basketball, soccer, volleyball and etc), fitness, and recreation.
- Passion in coaching students and facilitating activities.
- Provide consistent motivation, enthusiasm, and role modeling for healthy lifestyle choices
- Conduct health assessments to determine overall health status of all youth (e.g., height, weight, PACER endurance test)
- Document student activities, participation, and services provided
- Assist with special projects and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred and at least 2 years experience implementing physical activities and coaching in school-based, after-school, and/or community-based settings
- Comfortable working in various urban settings and with diverse populations
- Team-oriented with strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Adapts well to changes in assignment and priorities with the ability to respond effectively to new information, changing conditions, and unexpected obstacles
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be available to work after-school hours and evenings, as well as attend trainings during out-of-program hours
- Willingness to model Healthy Harlem standards of nutrition and activity and personally demonstrating the caliber of performance and behavior that is expected of the staff and students
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.