Temporary Merchandise Manager
The Temporary Merchandise Manager is responsible for developingmerchandising strategies that will continue to position Hanna Andersson as thepremiere children's lifestyle brand. They will work collaborativelywithin a fast moving and nimble cross-functional team to develop differentiatedand impactful assortment strategies that achieve the category's financialgoals.
- Developing, communicating, and driving seasonalbusiness and assortment strategies that meet or exceed financial targets andcustomer expectations.
- Identifying business opportunities and risksin-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplaceinformation.
- Proficiently analyzing and recapping businessresults to understand big picture trends. Able to communicate and presentresults succinctly and clearly.
- Communicates seasonal Department strategies tokey functional areas in order to focus the team towards a common goal.
- Central point of communication tocross-functional team (design, sourcing, inventory planning, visualmerchandising, marketing, web).
- Partners with planning and inventory managementto drive financial success.
- Partners with design to ensure assortments arebalanced and key item strategies are met.
- Partners with design and sourcing to ensuremargin and quality goals are met.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in merchandising in a specialty retail environment required. Experience in children's apparel strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledgeable of trend, sense of aesthetic, and assortment planning ability.
- Have had success at developing profitable merchandise strategies.
- Possess high-level analytical skills with extensive experience in Microsoft Excel. You enjoy problem solving and understand merchandise financial planning and key metrics.
- Strong presenter, listener, verbal and written communicator.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills; and have demonstrated ability to communicate throughout an organization
- You are a solid negotiator and extremely organized.
- You are effective working independently as well as in a team environment.
- You are able to travel, both domestically and internationally.
Meet Some of Hanna Andersson's Employees
Retail Allocation Manager
Tim is responsible for allocating Hanna Andersson products to all retail locations. He ensures each store is well stocked without leaving excess products at the end of each season.
Back to top