Title: Financial Analyst
Reportsto: Director of Finance
Responsiblefor financial planning and decision support, working across numerousdepartments to provide a wide range of financial and business decision supportto operations, finance and executive management.
Responsibilities could include coordination and preparation of forecasts,month-end reporting and analysis, operational and management reporting,business analytics, trend analysis, and ad hoc analysis to support managementdecision-making for new and existing initiatives.
FinancialForecasting and Analysis
- Assist in preparation monthly financial forecasts for both the Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Help prepare, analyze and summarize weekly, monthly, and periodic reporting and analysis for use by operations, executive management and Private Equity investors.
- Leverage tools and systems to quickly access data and present meaningful, concise information to various levels of management.
- Support the preparation of analysis, commentary, and presentation materials for monthly business review meetings including both financial results and business initiatives.
- Assist with the approval and monitoring processes related to capital expenditures.
- Assist department managers with their detailed expense budgets and consolidate into a total company view. Challenge expense requests to ensure alignment with business initiatives and ROI.
- Help preparation of the budgeted balance sheet
- Help in the preparation of the annual Budget Packet presented to Executive Management and Private Equity Investors.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills required.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with knowledge of financial systems and database applications such as Microsoft AX, Access, SQL, COGNOS, PowerPoint, data warehousing, data mining, business intelligence, and other financial systems.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of business operations including ability to analyze and perform root cause analysis on business trends and detailed data.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate and present results to different audiences at various levels throughout the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Requires minimum of 1-2 years experience in corporate FP&A, finance, Accounting or related area with Retail experience preferred
Meet Some of Hanna Andersson's Employees
Claire manages Hanna Andersson’s visual corporate storefront in Washington Square, Portland, Oregon. She engages with her associates, executes display visuals, and oversees operations of the store.
Back to top