Distribution Center - Logistics Manager
Our team is seeking a results-driven logistics professional to lead the company's function. Reporting to the Director of Distribution, the Logistics Manager will need to possess the right mix of leadership and logistics skills, be detailed-oriented, analytical, versatile and hands-on. The Logistics Manager is responsible for leading Hanna's international freight forwarding inbound logistics, as well as carrier and parcel operations. Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused on process improvement, has solid negotiation skills and has the passion for growing and developing a team.
- Focus on cost, efficiency, quality and service. Holds regular reviews with carriers and service providers
- Manage and implement internal audit programs
- Monitor and track all international and domestic shipments and documentation to ensure timely delivery to Hanna Andersson
- Work with Freight Forwarder and DC Scheduling to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Work with inventory planners, vendors, and freight forwarder for shipment consolidation
- Analysis and monitoring of monthly reports from designated freight forwarders
- Responsible for yearly review of freight forwarder relations and negotiate freight rate agreements
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves global transportation issues. Plans and implements improvements to logistics systems and processes
- Partners with cross-functional departments in support of the logistics function
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations Management or equivalent with 7 or more year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years supervising direct employees in Logistics field
- Collaborative team player, with the ability to work effectively with multiple departments and levels within the company. Ability to build effective working relationships across teams.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ideally within manual applications such as Excel.
Back to top