Director of Distribution
The Director of Distribution is responsible for all daily activities of our Louisville Distribution Center (DC). You will manage all aspects of the DC, production planning, operations, people, process, and service related objectives that drive continuous improvement, customer service, and efficiency gains to reduce overall cost per unit. Duties include but are not limited to, planning and scheduling of all DC services, and the evaluation and recommendation of alternative work methods and process. You will manage the operational flow of the DC and optimization of available resources to meet the needs of the customer. Experience with a retail and direct to consumer company preferred.
- Establish production plans and analyze budgets to support business plans and success.
- Manage all third-party services.
- Directly supervise DC employees and maintain a high level of communication with the DC Leadership team of shift to shift events.
- Responsible for training employees, planning, assigning, and directing their daily work.
- Assure that standard procedures are followed correctly, and production standards are met.
- Lead all processing functions within the DC.
- Develop and implement process improvement ideas.
- Identify and make recommendations on safety issues.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with internal departments. Resolve all distribution issues in a timely manner.
- Set-up, monitor and complete re-work projects efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure building security and safety at all times.
- Build and manage regular DC dashboard reporting with emphasis on essential KPI's.
- 10+ years' experience leading a distribution center required.
- Experience with pick, pack, storage operation, inventory management and production management for an omni channel DC.
- Proficiency with computers and computer software including ERP, Microsoft Office applications and warehouse management systems.
- A commitment to adapting and developing for superior customer service.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and motivate people including demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated history of achieving optimum efficiencies as measured through KPI's and business growth through effective planning, cost control and/or full P\u0026amp;L leadership.
- Ability to set up and monitor projects.
- Ability to understand and document work flow and process flow.
- Great written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality when situations warrant.
- Ablity to work flexible hours and varying schedules.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position including frequent standing (3-4 hours), occasional lifting up to 40 pounds (1-3 hours) and frequent walking (3-4 hours).
- Background and Drug Screening required
Meet Some of Hanna Andersson's Employees
Retail Allocation Manager
Tim is responsible for allocating Hanna Andersson products to all retail locations. He ensures each store is well stocked without leaving excess products at the end of each season.
Back to top