Corporate - Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for supporting and maintaining in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment while providing a high level of customer service to end users. This person will also troubleshoot and solve root cause problem areas in a timely, accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Primary first point of contact for end user support and issue resolution.
- Mobil device, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Apple support-based desktop support.
- Provide user account administration through many domain level tool sets such as ADUC, O365 portal, JAMF, etc.
- Utilize Helpdesk ticketing system to resolve end user trouble tickets.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Perform on-site and/or remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC and MAC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware troubleshooting solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding process, procedures, and documentation.
- Perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Provide end user support on corporate telephony devices (Mitel experience preferred).
- Assist in maintaining IT's hardware/software inventory refresh.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness in the IT spaces (IT wiring closets, MDF's, IDF's, etc.).
- Stay up to date and understand current technology trends relevant to end user hardware devices.
- Degree in Computer related studies and 2 years working in a help desk support role.
- Working knowledge of Help desk ticketing systems and SLA's.
- Able to close a minimum of 12 support request daily.
- Troubleshooting skills for Window 7, 8, 10 and MAC OS environments.
- Experience working in a help desk or support environments tracking, resolving, and supporting end user issues.
- Mobil Device configuration and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting PC and MAC hardware.
- Experience troubleshoot and resolving end user network connectivity related issues.
- Hands on experience with Apple, Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft end user hardware.
- End user account administration.
- Working knowledge and understanding of firewall, and VPN technologies (SonicWALL Preferred).
- Basic understanding of networking technologies and how they are utilized in a corporate environment (Hardware, OSI Model).
- Basic understanding of WIFI technologies in the corporate environment.
- Hands on troubleshooting MFP's and printers in a corporate environment.
- Install and troubleshoot end user software (Adobe, O365, Java, IE, Chrome, Plugins, Antivirus, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of removing viruses, malware, spyware.
- Hands on experience working with end point user protection software.
- Experience in troubleshooting/resolving local and remote end user device problems.
- Hands on experience with remote control tools (LogMeIn, TeamViewer, RDP, VNC).
- End user support of VOIP telephony.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
Back to top