Corporate - Controller
Who We're Looking For
Our team is seeking a results-driven financial professional to lead the company's controllership function. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will need to possess the right mix of leadership and financial management skills, who are customer-focused, innovative, results-oriented and comfortable working in a collaborative and growth-driven work environment. The Controller is responsible for leading Hanna's accounting operations, financial reporting, and control processes globally and ensuring the highest level of integrity and accuracy. Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused on process improvement and has the passion for growing and developing a team.
- Report the financial results of the Company in accordance with GAAP, statutory requirements and internal accounting policies.
- Oversee large, complex and highly customized accounting and control systems and processes to ensure accurate management reporting.
- Anticipate internal and external reporting changes and business requirements to ensure our processes, organization and financial systems appropriately evolve to support the business and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership regarding financial reporting and control matters.
- Proactively serve as an advisor/partner to management and CFO.
- Ensure all external communications accurately reflect our business results and meet our standard of transparency.
- Provide periodic training to the Audit \u0026amp; Finance Committee to increase their understanding of our accounting policies, financial results and management judgments.
- Engage with external banker and external auditors on emerging trends in accounting rules and judgmental accounting/reporting. Partner with CFO on assessment and mitigation of risk.
- Guide the professional development of the accounting organization.
- Bring best practices to the company and be continuously connected to a broad peer group outside of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in the accounting and finance fields. Technically strong in accounting and external reporting.
- 5+ years in managing and scaling an accounting team.
- Relevant experience in retail, apparel or consumer goods required.
- Strong understanding and experience with financial accounting, financial reporting, tax and treasury.
- Professional integrity, seasoned business judgment, and objectivity.
- Capable of providing a national perspective on issues of control, reporting and compliance.
- Exceptional ability to make unbiased judgments in accounting and reporting issues that are guided by consistent principles and the standard of transparency.
- Strong results orientation and bias to action.
- Influential leader with the ability to inspire trust and confidence and command the respect of the peer group and executives throughout the Company.
- Proven team leader, collaborative decision-making and work style.
- Excels at understanding what it takes to implement sustainable operating improvements in large scale, global environments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; effective presenter to executive management and private equity partners.
- Microsoft AX experience and advanced Excel skills.
- Current CPA license preferred.
Back to top