Corporate - Business Analyst II
The Business Analyst II plays a key role in the organization's development of its business processes by understanding and representing key business requirements and objectives and addressing them with progressive and efficient technology or process solutions. Solution expertise will be given throughout the foundation of ERP, E-Commerce, Business Intelligence, CRM, PLM, and Team Collaboration Tools and across the organization's.
This role works with business and IT management to plan and implement strategic goals and initiatives and provides assistance in planning and project management as needed. Designs business solutions to address requirements and ensures successful testing, training, and implementation. Strong skills in business operations, technical solutions and project management are applied to projects across multiple disciplines and technologies. This role requires critical skills to be continually developed through industry knowledge, education, training, hands-on experience and personal development
- Writes comprehensive functional specifications from requirements documents and input from other domain and technical design sources.
- Insures accuracy, completeness, clarity and simplification of functional specifications.
- Presents functional specifications to internal stakeholders for review/acceptance and compliance with requirements.
- Revises functional specifications as necessary throughout the development lifecycle.
- Provides development expertise in bridging domain requirements to developer/QA-ready functional specifications.
- Creates visual models, charts, flow diagrams and other specification components that facilitate simplification and abstraction.
- Creates initial business object (entity) diagrams that can be used to initiate database design.
- Creates user interface mockups and associated behavioral rules to define navigation, validation, data relationships and trigger events.
- Acts as a project lead in support of small to medium initiatives by determining resource requirements; defining project activities and tasks; defining project deliverables, preparing estimates, schedules and status reports.
- Adheres to project methodology standards in the preparation of appropriate project related documentation and deliverables.
- Supports and provides coordination in change control and release management.
- BS/BA in computer science, informatics or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years experience developing functional specifications for commercial software products
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Strong abstraction, organization and simplification skills.
- Experience defining Use Cases
- Knowledge of UML concepts
- 3+ years with Oracle Apps, SAP, MS Dynamics AX or other Enterprise ERP
- 3+ year with BI Tools like Cognos, Microstrategy, or Business Objects, SSAS, Power BI
- 1+ year of working with Power BI, Data Analytics, Big Data
- 3+ Microsoft Office, strong Excel analytical skills
- SQL or PL/SQL
- Basic knowledge of IT Infrastructure and networking
- Must possess business knowledge, superior negotiation skills, facilitation, presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Back to top