3rd Shift Distribution Center Supervisor
Title: 3RDShift Distribution Center Supervisor
Dept.: DistributionCenter - 4010
Reportsto: Distribution Manager
Coordinate all tasks and assignments in the Distribution Center whilefocusing closely on the following departments; Returns, QA, Receiving, andInventory. Oversee various assigned functions and staff. Manageemployees on the DC floor to provide proper work flow and a safe working environment.
Responsible for staffing, scheduling, time-keeping, coaching andtraining to insure departmental service goals.
- Directly supervise up to 40 warehouse employees and temporary staff.
- Responsible for training employees, planning, assigning, and directing their daily work.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews. Reward and discipline employees as needed.
- Observe and correct issues on the floor.
- Assure that standard procedures are followed correctly and production standards are met.
- Knowledge and ability to perform any processing function within the distribution center.
- Develop and implement process improvement ideas.
- Maintain a high level of communication with the Distribution Center Leadership team of shift to shift events.
- Provide a communication link between all areas to maintain optimum service levels.
- Identify and make recommendations on safety issues.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with internal departments. Resolve all distribution issues in a timely manner.
- Set-up, monitor and complete re-work projects efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure building security at all times and responsible for transitioning at shift end.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required, distribution supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Distribution Inbound and Outbound process a PLUS
- Bi-lingual a PLUS
- Associated degree preferred.
- Understand pick pack operation, Inventory management and product slotting.
- Proficiency with computers and computer software including Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with warehouse management systems a plus.
- A commitment to adapting and developing for superior customer service.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and motivate people including demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to make decisions in fast paced situations.
- Ability to set up and monitor projects.
- Ability to understand and document work flow and process flow.
- Great written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality when situations warrant.
- Outstanding attendance record and ability to work flexible hours and varying schedules.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position including frequent standing (3-4 hours), occasional lifting up to 40 pounds (1-3 hours) and frequent walking (3-4 hours).
- Sunday - Thursday 10PM-630AM. Ability to be flexible
- Background and Drug Screening required
Meet Some of Hanna Andersson's Employees
Retail Allocation Manager
Tim is responsible for allocating Hanna Andersson products to all retail locations. He ensures each store is well stocked without leaving excess products at the end of each season.
Back to top