Handy is on a mission to change the way the world purchases home services. We operate in all major US cities and several locations in Canada and Europe, but we are just getting started. At the heart of our mission is a resilient platform built on a sound technical foundation. We are always looking for skillful software engineers to join us in our mission.
At Handy, we form small, high-impact teams and empower them to iterate rapidly. You'll be joining one of the teams as a software engineer. As skillful individual contributors software engineers form the core middle-tier of our teams. You will be collaborating with your team members (engineering, product, and operations) to build and release features/products to production everyday. We practice continuous deployment and our engineers release web features throughout a day with a push of a button.
What you will do:
- Be part of a team that builds impactful features for our customers and pros everyday
- Collaborate with product and business teams to review specs and breakdown features into releasable chunks and work on those features
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural and design reviews, evangelize best engineering practices, and participate in Handy lunch & learn sessions ("Nuts & Bolts")
- Be part of our production on-call rotation to support what you built
Who you are:
- A skillful engineer with at least one year of full-time, hands-on experience in a web stack
- Well-versed in at least one object oriented programming language: Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Always eager to understand and solve impactful business problems
- A great collaborator with both technical and non-technical team members
- Have a good foundational knowledge of programming languages, databases, operating systems, data structures, algorithms, and complexity trade-offs
- Having worked at or founded a growth-stage startup is a plus
Our mission is to change the way the world purchases home services. Since all work and no play makes for a dull office, we're committed to creating an environment that's as fun as it is productive. That means we fill our days with food, surprises, brain-stimulating activities, beer and wine for those who want it, a whisky club (complete with commemorative glasses), seriously competitive foosball, and so much more. As a member of the team at Handy, you can look forward to all of that every single day, and tons of other special events and outings sprinkled throughout the weeks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top