Senior Product Manager
Handy is changing the way the world buys home services (a $400B marketing in the US alone) by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Founded in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua while at Harvard Business School, Handy has both a direct-to-consumer offering and partners with the largest retailers and platforms in the world (Wayfair, Walmart, Facebook, etc.) to bring fixed-price, instantly bookable home services to consumers in hundreds of cities in the US, Canadan and UK, across service categories such as cleaning, TV mounting, furniture assembly, wall hanging, electrical, plumbing, and more. We are a collaborative team of about 100 people across marketing, ops, customer support, product, data, finance and engineering, and our headquarters is located in the Flatiron District.
About the roleHandy's Product team is responsible for developing and shipping product experiences that deliver on Handy's vision and business objectives, and create value for our users. Some of the product challenges we work on include:
- How to improve booking flow conversion across various channels and devices in order to accelerate new user acquisition?
- How best to personalize the customer experience in order to increase customer retention and lifetime value?
- How to automate resolution of customer support inquiries, while maintaining high satisfaction?
- How to better utilize professional schedules to maximize bookings and earnings?
- How to empower and enable pros to deliver an amazing in-home service experience?
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be a key member of Handy's Product team, responsible for developing and executing against a product vision and roadmap that advances Handy's mission "to seamlessly deliver every service to every home."
What you'll do
- Develop a product vision and roadmap that is aligned with the long-term vision of the company, while delivering immediate impact on targeted business objectives
- Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to incorporate customer needs into product decisions
- Translate upcoming product roadmap backlog into requirements documents (specs) with clear prioritization among features
- Develop rough storyboards to clarify the end-to-end user experience and benefits (functional and emotional)
- Evangelize the product vision and motivate team-members critical to the product's success
- Work with engineering teams to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly
- Develop and execute against feature release plans, removing roadblocks to ensure forward progress
- Review wireframes and design mocks, and provide feedback and approval to product designers
- Ensure product is QA'd to standard before release
- Coordinate with marketing, CX, ops, legal, BI and finance to ensure successful product rollout, communications and adoption
- Run weekly initiative meetings, communicating changes in feature requirements and release schedules openly to leadership team, and escalating critical decisions
- Measure and report on product adoption and impact, and use data to recommend feature enhancements
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3+ years product management experience at a consumer tech company
- BA/BS in an analytical field such as economics, math, computer science
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solver with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- A proven track record of planning and shipping successful products
- Technical experience; you must understand the technical implications of the product decisions you make
- An attention to detail and an eye for design
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
- Familiarity with Excel, databases and SQL
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive packages commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
Back to top