Handy is on a mission to change the way the world purchases home services. We operate in all major US cities and several locations in Canada and Europe, but we are just getting started. At the heart of our mission is a resilient platform built on a sound technical foundation. We are looking for strong technical leaders to join us in our mission to change the way the world purchases home services.
At Handy, security is tightly woven into product and infrastructure development. We challenge our teams to build systems that are secure-by-default to protect our users' most sensitive data. You will be joining a team of engineers who will champion security initiatives throughout the organization. You will be building tools to make secure-by-default easy. You will be conducting regular audits/tests to identify risks and prioritizing fixes for the identified risks. You will continue to raise the bar to make our systems secure.
What you will do:
- Nurture and grow a culture of security through automation, awareness, and training
- Continue to improve enforcement of our infosec policies and the policies themselves
- Actively involve in the design and implementation of applications, services, and infrastructure to ensure secure design principles are being followed
- Regularly audit application and infrastructure code to detect security risks
- Create awareness of security risks, best practices, and provide frequent education to the organization
- Design tooling to make adoption of security best practices easier and idiomatic to business and engineering workflows
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of experience working on a security team supporting product, cloud infrastructure, and corporate infrastructure development
- You have in-depth knowledge of security threats, applied cryptography, and risk assessment
- You have software engineering experience and an engineering mindset for building reliable, maintainable security infrastructure to support a large organization and CI/CD software engineering practices
- You have experience working with product development teams to empower them on advancing security initiatives
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
Our mission is to change the way the world purchases home services. Since all work and no play makes for a dull office, we're committed to creating an environment that's as fun as it is productive. That means we fill our days with food, surprises, brain-stimulating activities, beer and wine for those who want it, a whisky club (complete with commemorative glasses), seriously competitive foosball, and so much more. As a member of the team at Handy, you can look forward to all of that every single day, and tons of other special events and outings sprinkled throughout the weeks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top