Research & Content Associate
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the CEO of Handy to research and produce public facing content on areas of interest to Handy's strategy.
You will research an area, become an expert on trends in that area, curate content in that area and produce topical articles with the guidance and input of the CEO.
This is the perfect role for someone who has a voracious appetite for content, loves to know the latest trends, and always wants to understand how the small trends they are spotting fit into a broader context of macro changes in the world. You like to blog, tweet and write about things that matter to you.
We want a big picture thinker who sweats the details behind micro changes.
You read Techcrunch, Recode, Wired, Stratechery, NY Times, WSJ, The Economist and everything in between.
At Handy, we're on a mission to change the way the world buys home services.
Every day, we connect thousands of customers with great home service professionals by leveraging innovative technology, operations, and marketing. We strive to make our customers' lives a little bit easier, while simultaneously helping hundreds of our service providers increase their earning potential.
Handy is growing rapidly and since launching in 2012, has since scaled to service 28 cities across 3 countries and 5 service categories (cleaning, handyman, electrical, plumbing, storage). Handy has processed over 3 million transactions and raised over $110M in funding from Fidelity, TPG, Revolution Capital, General Catalyst, and Highland Capital. We are a collaborative team of about 100 people across marketing, ops, customer support, product, data, finance and engineering, and our headquarters is located in the heart of New York City in the Flatiron District.
About the role:
The CEO will give guidance on areas of interest. You will research the area, identify the key trends in that area, identify the thought leaders, summarize their positions, work with the CEO to develop a point of view, and produce content that drives that point of view forward.
The deliverables will be:
- A daily summary of key articles, press releases, metrics in any area that we are tracking that we would share with a curated email list
- Three ~400 word articles a week on agreed topics that would be published publicly
- One longer thought piece produced every month (1-2k words) on an agreed topic
What we're looking for:
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of economics
- Structured thinkers, with strong written communication skills
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
See Inside the Office of Handy
Handy is revolutionizing the world of household chores by connecting individuals to top-notch professionals with the click of a button. In under 90 seconds, users can schedule whatever help they need right from the app. Now in Boston, New York, and 24 other cities, customers simply choose their location, service required, and preferred time slot, and Handy does the rest, from sourcing talent to handling background checks.
Back to top