Head of Customer Retention Marketing
At Handy we're on a mission to change the way the world buys home services. Every day, we connect our customers with great home service professionals by leveraging innovative technology, operations, and marketing. Handy is growing rapidly and expanding its services all across the country...but we've still got a long way to go. We're looking for great people to join our team and take us to the next step.
Handy has scaled to offer Cleaning services in 28 cities, and Installation & Assembly services across the entire US. Handy has raised over $110M in funding from Fidelity, TPG, Revolution Capital, General Catalyst, and Highland Capital. We are a collaborative team of about 100 people across marketing, ops, customer support, product, data, finance and engineering, and our headquarters is located in the heart of New York City in the Flatiron District.
About the Role
Handy is seeking an analytical leader to drive all customer retention initiatives at Handy. This is a critical role where you own strategy, marketing, product, and tactics for all retention related initiatives. Customer retention is at the heart of our business, and you will have wide-ranging responsibilities aimed at driving loyalty amongst existing customers and revenue per user. You will work directly with the senior team, and have a pivotal role in the growth of a category-defining company.
The ideal candidate will bring both a business and product mindset, be data-driven, and have good customer-centric instincts. Past experience in lifecycle marketing, product, or strategy roles are a plus, but not necessary.
- Grow bookings per user and net revenue per user by optimizing marketing, product, and pricing.
- Increase bookings/net revenue from active customers, reduce customer churn and reactivate churned customers.
- Segment continuing customers based on customer value and behavior. Run marketing and product tests to retain high-value customers and grow other customers into high-value customers.
- Create and refine lifecycle marketing plans for defined customer segments with email, push, text, phone, and paid marketing like direct mail.
- Work with product team to develop ideal product offering(s) for continuing users. Test and set pricing for these product offerings.
- Own all metrics and insights for continuing customers, including key metrics like bookings, net revenue, retention, cancellation curves, fees.
What We're Looking for:
- Multiple years (5+) of experience in a marketing role focused on retention
- Nice to have - experience at a consumer focused technology company with responsibility for driving revenue
- Analytics fanatic - robust analytic and quantitative skills
- Creative Thinker - someone who is resourceful, obsessive about growth, and always looking at finding new ways to enhance customer loyalty
- SQL knowledge highly desirable
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with a team building something great
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing an industry
See Inside the Office of Handy
Handy is revolutionizing the world of household chores by connecting individuals to top-notch professionals with the click of a button. In under 90 seconds, users can schedule whatever help they need right from the app. Now in Boston, New York, and 24 other cities, customers simply choose their location, service required, and preferred time slot, and Handy does the rest, from sourcing talent to handling background checks.
Back to top