Entry Level Recruiter (Contractor)
Talent Sourcer (Contractor)
New York, NY
Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US and has processed over 3 million transactions. We're thrilled to announce Handy is now a part of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world's largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie's List. While this is a big milestone for us, we believe this is just another step in Handy's journey, and we're excited to join ANGI Homeservices to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers.
About the role
Handy is looking for an entry-level Talent Sourcer to assist the Talent team with identifying potential candidates and proactively reaching out with creative messaging. The ideal candidate might not have any prior recruitment experience, but is looking to break into Talent/Human Resources, is exceptionally detail-oriented, organized and inquisitive. This is a tremendous developmental opportunity for the right person. You will learn best in class strategies for identifying talent and building high-performing teams, particularly within our engineering department.
What you'll do:
- Use internet searches and talent tools to identify places we should be targeting for different searches
- Master boolean searches and how they work in different databases in order to identify relevant passive candidates for different roles
- Utilize different sources across the web and our networks to identify top talent. Ensure we are canvassing traditional sources like LinkedIn and creative sources like event lists
- Produce lists of passive candidates, working closely with Recruiters, to close key, hard-to-fill searches within 60-90 days
- Come up with creative messaging for drip campaigns across roles
- Ensure each message we send out is personalized to the candidate's experience and in line with the Handy Talent Brand
- Ensure that every candidate we have an interaction with is documented and categorized correctly in Hire
- Assist in coordination of complicated, multi-step onsites
- Ensure every candidate interaction is customer-focused and that each candidate has a great experience interviewing or communicating with Handy
Who you are:
- You're exceptionally detail-oriented and organized; you have the ability to manage competing priorities
- You are a confident and persuasive communicator (written and verbal) and are able to represent the Handy Talent Brand professionally
- You're inquisitive and like doing research in order to solve problems and identify solutions
- You are able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; you always go above and beyond
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- In addition to providing us with your resume, please include a personalized detailed cover letter explaining what your developmental goals are, why you think this could be an ideal opportunity for you, and why you want to work for Handy.
- Note that we will NOT consider applications that do not include a cover letter tailored for this position.
Back to top