Enterprise Sales Director
Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua while at Harvard Business School, Handy has since scaled to service 28 cities across 3 countries and 5 service categories (cleaning, handyman, electrical, plumbing, storage), and has processed over 3 million transactions. We have raised over $110M in funding from Fidelity, TPG, Revolution Capital, General Catalyst, and Highland Capital. We are a collaborative team of about 100 people across marketing, ops, customer support, product, data, finance and engineering, and our headquarters is located in the Flatiron District.
About the team
The Partnership team focuses on growth through partnerships and new businesses. To this end we find innovative ways to introduce Handy's Installation & Assembly services to customers. We are currently focused on working with furniture and TV retailers to offer their customers Handy services - see https://www.handy.com/retail for more details.
About the role
Handy is looking for a business development professional to lead our retail partnership outreach. You will create and execute the sales plan for installation partnerships with online and offline retailers as well as channel partners. You will have significant, frequent exposure to the Executive team. Reports to SVP Growth.
We're a startup, so we're looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiasm for our mission to transform home services, and of course, the ability to turn on a dime when necessary. Here are some details about what is required:
- 5+ years of professional experience. College degree required
- 2+ years experience in business development, enterprise sales or partnerships
- Passion to help start and scale new businesses - "whatever it takes" attitude is paramount
- Strong communications skills - you will be in front of partners and executives all the time
- Strong analytical skills - great PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Retail or eCommerce industry experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with a team building something great
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing an industry
See Inside the Office of Handy
Handy is revolutionizing the world of household chores by connecting individuals to top-notch professionals with the click of a button. In under 90 seconds, users can schedule whatever help they need right from the app. Now in Boston, New York, and 24 other cities, customers simply choose their location, service required, and preferred time slot, and Handy does the rest, from sourcing talent to handling background checks.
Back to top