Director of Strategy
Director of Strategy
New York, NY
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the co-founders of Handy on some of the most impactful areas of the business. You will work cross-functionally across departments, be responsible for the strategy and execution of key projects, and get to know the inner-workings of a fast-growing start-up in a way no other role allows. This is the perfect role for hungry, analytical team-players who want to develop as leaders of technology companies or start their own businesses.
At Handy, we're on a mission to change the way the world buys home services.
Every day, we connect thousands of customers with great home service professionals by leveraging innovative technology, operations, and marketing. We strive to make our customers' lives a little bit easier, while simultaneously helping hundreds of our service providers increase their earning potential.
Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US! Handy has processed over 3 million transactions and raised over $110M in funding from Fidelity, TPG, Revolution Capital, General Catalyst, and Highland Capital. We are a collaborative team of about 100 people across marketing, ops, customer support, product, data, finance and engineering, and our headquarters is located in the heart of New York City in the Flatiron District.
About the Role
You will devise strategy, build frameworks, structure solutions, and drive and measure results in the most critical areas of the business, while developing as a future leader of the organization.
Partner with Handy leaders to solve core business problems and drive results. This includes:
- Building frameworks and developing plans - help take a business objective or goal and break it down into a cohesive plan - identify specific areas of opportunity through analysis, understand the drivers behind them, set metrics to focus on, and layout goals and milestones that will get us there.
- Structuring actionable solutions - Take different drivers from a plan and develop action items that we can begin to execute on (this may involve working with internal teams like product or marketing, or external vendors such as PR firms or marketing agencies).
- Driving and measuring results - Analyze findings and results, measure impact, and remove any roadblocks with new actions or alterations that are necessary. A plan is only successful if it helps reach a business goal.
- Lead projects end to end - given Handy is evolving continuously, be prepared to jump into different areas of the business and take the lead in certain mission critical areas. This could involve leading a product initiative that works across departments, pursuing a new growth or partnership opportunity, or spearheading a new operational initiative.
- Develop as a future leader of the organization - by working through different projects and areas of the business, develop as leader of the organization with a) a deep level of expertise on how best to drive impact at Handy, b) develop an ability to work with and manage high performers, and c) become a champion of Handy's value and culture.
What we're looking for
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- 6-8 years of professional experience in an analytical field such as management consulting, finance or another tech company
- MBA from a top business school (not a requirement so apply if you think you're a good fit even if you didn't go to b-school)
- Structured thinkers, with strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solvers with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
Back to top