Director of Operations
About the Role
Handy is seeking a smart and energetic leader to help drive Operations. In this role you will own strategy development and execution of projects to support the growth for Handy's core business.
The scope of this mandate is broad - from sourcing and onboarding Independent Contractors (aka Handy Pros) to exceeding service-level metrics to improving overall platform experience for both Customers and Handy Pros. You will be responsible for identifying gaps and opportunities and working closely with counterparts in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Experience and Legal to solve challenging problems.
As a Director, you will be leading Handy's Operations team, responsible for developing and executing an Operations strategy that advances Handy's mission "to seamlessly delivery every service to every home."
What you'll doOwn end to end operations for Handy's core (and biggest) business. Drive transformational change across the cleaning business by focusing on:
- Global on-boarding of all professionals across hundreds of cities
- Quality control - ensuring we're constantly improving the service we deliver and exceeding customer expectations
- Being the champion of our pro base - owning the pro experience and pro retention - we have had over 2 million pros apply to the Handy platform and over 80,000 activated!
- Leading all customer experience operations for our core business - this includes managing a team of remote support agents and driving improvements across key customer service metrics
- Constantly refining our customer service policies and handling to improve the experience
- Working closely with the executive team on all operational strategic priorities
What we're looking for
- Strong operator who has worked in operations or strategy before
- Start up experience preferred
- Great people manager who has led a team before
- Customer centric and capable of balancing several priorities
- Analytical and structured problem solver
- 5-8 years of work experience (post B-school graduates - however, an MBA is not necessary if you've had solid operational experience)
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
See Inside the Office of Handy
Handy is revolutionizing the world of household chores by connecting individuals to top-notch professionals with the click of a button. In under 90 seconds, users can schedule whatever help they need right from the app. Now in Boston, New York, and 24 other cities, customers simply choose their location, service required, and preferred time slot, and Handy does the rest, from sourcing talent to handling background checks.
Back to top