Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua while at Harvard Business School, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US and has processed over 3 million transactions. We're thrilled to announce Handy is now a part of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world's largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie's List. While this is a big milestone for us, we believe this is just another step in Handy's journey, and we're excited to join ANGI Homeservices to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers.
Handy is looking for a Designer to work with our Marketing team to produce visually compelling designs, campaigns and collateral that drive measurable growth for Handy, while aligning with our brand. You will be producing marketing content intended to reach millions of people for national ad campaigns across channels including email, digital, direct mail, TV, and in partner stores. Your goal is to improve campaign performance through thoughtful and response-oriented design, shape marketing content development strategy, and establish key design standards for the business so that we can design and produce content at scale with the growth of our business. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
Please read through the responsibilities and if you feel you are a fit, please include a link to your portfolio, preferably with examples of emails and ads you have designed. As a bonus, please include a description of a creative test you have managed and what design decision you made from that test.
- Distill complex messages into compelling yet simple visual narratives, utilizing a keen eye for typography, hierarchy and layout to produce engaging and effective communications
- Partner with marketing, growth, operations, and product teams to conceptualize and execute creative tests in order to determine the most effective way to bring Handy to life for customers
- Iterate on the learnings from these tests to push our creative strategy forward
- Partner with project teams across the business to develop content for customers and pros, business development, and internal strategy work
- Own and evolve our ongoing brand development in collaboration with senior leaders across Handy
- Establish key design standards across the organization's collateral, helping to curate a consistent structure to our work and narration
- 2+ years of in-house or agency communications design experience
- A well balanced portfolio of high fidelity, high quality work, with strong samples of emails and ads
- Experienced and comfortable designing content with the ultimate goal to drive growth for the business
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Passion for Handy's mission
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with a team building something great
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing an industry
See Inside the Office of Handy
Handy is revolutionizing the world of household chores by connecting individuals to top-notch professionals with the click of a button. In under 90 seconds, users can schedule whatever help they need right from the app. Now in Boston, New York, and 24 other cities, customers simply choose their location, service required, and preferred time slot, and Handy does the rest, from sourcing talent to handling background checks.
Back to top