Analytics & Insights Analyst
At Handy, we're on a mission to change the way the world buys home services. Every day, we connect thousands of customers with great home service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua while at Harvard Business School, Handy has since scaled to service 28 cities across 3 countries and 5 service categories (cleaning, handyman, electrical, plumbing, storage), and has processed over 3 million transactions. We have raised over $110M in funding from Fidelity, TPG, Revolution Capital, General Catalyst, and Highland Capital. We are a collaborative team of about 100 people across marketing, ops, customer support, product, data, finance and engineering, and our headquarters is located in the Flatiron District.
About the role
Handy's Analytics team is responsible for delivering value-added data insights and business-critical reporting that meet the most important business needs. Some of the analytics challenges we work on include:
- How to improve booking flow conversion across various channels and devices in order to accelerate new user acquisition?
- How best to personalize the customer experience in order to increase customer retention and lifetime value?
- How to maximize conversions of leads who do not convert in their first session on the site?
- How to better utilize professional schedules to maximize bookings and earnings?
- How to measure the impact of our offline marketing efforts?
- How to automate resolution of customer support inquiries, while maintaining high satisfaction?
- How to empower and enable professionals to deliver an amazing in-home service experience?
As a Analytics & Insights Analyst, you will be a key member of Handy's Analytics team, responsible for arming the organization with high quality data, metrics and analytics to ensure data-backed decisions.
What you'll do
- Partner with business owners to identify opportunities to use data-driven insights to answer critical business questions
- Structure analyses around these questions and use findings to inform recommendations and testing plans focused on impacting key business metrics
- Proactively monitor key business metrics, analyze trends and determine underlying drivers impacting our business
- Work with business owners to define new metrics and set up tracking and reporting for new features and initiatives
- Provide analytical support for A/B testing including experiment design, timing / sample size, and analysis of results
- Identify high-impact analytics tooling for the analytics team and data consumers throughout the company
- Monitor and maintain automated executive-level reports and dashboards; evolve our dataset to meet the changing needs of the business
What we're looking for
- 2+ years management consulting experience at a top firm
- Analytics experience at a consumer tech company is a plus
- BA/BS in an analytical field such as economics, math, stats, computer science
- Expert in Excel
- Expert in SQL (or a capacity and willingness to learn since this will be your main tool)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solver with the ability to translate data analytics and insights into actionable recommendations for the business
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
- Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of A/B testing frameworks
- Knowledge of common dashboarding tools like Looker, Tableau
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
See Inside the Office of Handy
Handy is revolutionizing the world of household chores by connecting individuals to top-notch professionals with the click of a button. In under 90 seconds, users can schedule whatever help they need right from the app. Now in Boston, New York, and 24 other cities, customers simply choose their location, service required, and preferred time slot, and Handy does the rest, from sourcing talent to handling background checks.
Back to top