Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning and Pricing Strategy
The Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning and Pricing Strategy reports directly to the COO of Hachette Book Group (HBG), the fourth largest trade book publisher, and oversees a team of two responsible for strategic planning, business development, and pricing strategy.
• Work with HBG's COO and other senior HBG executives to formulate and execute the company’s overall strategy
• Take a lead role in developing, maintaining, and building consensus around the company’s point of view of on the evolving marketplace and competitive landscape
• Help to identify, prioritize and execute a set of focused strategic initiatives that position the company for success in the current and future years
• Develop and maintain the Company’s overall product pricing strategy, and deploy revenue optimizing strategies into the marketplace in conjunction with the Sales and Publishing communities.
• Identify and evaluate new business opportunities, potential acquisition targets, strategic partnerships and potential areas of growth and investment
• Oversee post-acquisition integration activities and ensure the timely realization of stated business objectives
• Support the COO’s agenda with deep analytic drill downs into areas identified for expansion, performance improvement and/or restructuring
• Work with Hachette Livre’s global divisions to identify and pursue opportunities to leverage HL’s global scale
• Significant experience in leading corporate strategy planning exercises, including market assessment, company and peer assessment, competitive dynamics evaluation, and strategy formulation
• Process and facilitation experience in successfully leading teams of executives through rigorous strategic planning processes
• Experience in leading the implementation of strategic initiatives that require fundamental change across both functions and divisions
• Significant experience in developing and executing pricing strategies, with deep understanding of the fundamentals and analytics required to fully flesh out consumer price elasticity at a nuanced and actionable level
• Experience in acquisition target identification, development and valuation activities, as well as post-acquisition integration experience. – financial background a plus.
• Proven leadership skills, with the ability to develop and manage strong teams and to influence decision-making across functions/departments.
• Exceptional organizational abilities, with proven management skills and results orientation. Ability to manage all elements of multiple large-scale, complex projects from requirements definitions to development and implementation.
• Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective communication skills (oral and written), good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work closely with other business functions and operate in a manner that supports functional collaboration.
• MBA from top-tier program preferred.
Meet Some of Hachette Book Group's Employees
Jessica works with literary and licensing agents to find projects for Running Press to publish. After a title is acquired, Jessica and its author shepherd the book to completion.
Back to top