Senior Credit and Collections Representative
The Senior Credit and Collections Representative will be responsible for 1,200+ active accounts and will oversee timely and effective collection and credit risk management of Accounts Receivable. The Representative will be managing the credit and collections process for assigned domestic customers, performing credit risk analysis to ensure timely delivery and release of customer orders, providing timely and accurate reporting for daily, weekly, and month end cash forecasting and collection results, initiating and maintaining interactions with internal HBG departments to ensure timely resolution. The candidate will also handle in depth account reconciliations for the companies’ Key accounts and will actively communicate and problem solve with multiple departments at HBG and with the companies’ distribution clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the credit analysis, file support, account reconciliation, account collapses, and settlements.
- Perform weekly analysis of internal reports to ensure proper credit limits are maintained and credit risk customers are properly monitored, and risk is mitigated.
- Review daily orders holding for credit review of assigned staff and escalated customer accounts to ensure the timely release.
- Work on assigned cash collections, targets, and goals while effectively communicating company policies.
- Daily review of billing, holding, and timely release of customer orders.
- Work closely with Accounts Receivables, Customer Service, distribution clients, and sales representatives to resolve customer problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of business credit and collection experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Finance, Accounting, or Economics is preferred.
- Computer proficiency in advanced Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables), Word, and PowerPoint is also required.
- Prior database experience and the ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Proven ability to manage and analyze large data sets.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow-up with customers internally and externally in a timely matter is required.
- Ability to deliver on numerous projects on tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must, due to the level of exposure to senior management
Back to top