Senior Accountant-Boston, MA
SUMMARY: The Senior Accountant is responsible for key areas within General Accounting, including financial reporting, Oracle report development, GL maintenance, and management reporting and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile monthly financial and management reporting
- Conduct internal reporting & analysis and external reporting.
- Prepare general ledger entries, reconciliations, and ad-hoc analyses
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts and mappings
- Review key balance sheet accounts and perform reconciliations
- Provide support during semi-annual and annual financial audits
- Develop and maintain Oracle Financial Reporting
- Test and troubleshoot accounting system enhancements
- Reconcile Gross Profit data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including advanced Excel. Knowledge of Oracle is key.
- Accounting Degree and 3-5 years of accounting experience required.
- Experience with developing and implementing process improvement.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
- Must be results driven and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Work independently while demonstrating good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Operates ethically: admits mistakes, treats others with respect, trust, and dignity, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior.
Back to top